Monday, 23 September 2013

A way to empty my head

As I appear to have been sort of promoted to a place that I thought I wanted to be, I find instead that my head is just too stuffed full of stuff to be able to do anything remotely useful.

I've been thinking about writing a private blog for a while, but this morning started odd so badly in my head that I think thee time has come to start.  As it is completely (I hope) private, I'm hoping I can just go AAAAAARGH in here on a fairly regular basis to get things out of my system.

So, here we go.  AAAAAARGH things for today.

  1. Too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it in.  I find myself spending most of my time answering emails rather than doing any prep.  
  2. Too tired to be bothered.  Some days, like today, my head is too tired to want to think about difficult things.  Ideas pop into my head but I don't follow them up, which is poor.  Emails that seem too intellectually taxing go unread and unanswered which just leads to a massive build up of unread and unanswered emails which just perpetuates the situation.
  3. Too many meetings.  Either to attend, arrange or type up notes of.
  4. Nigel.  Doesn't know anything about the MPharm or about the state of pharmacy in the UK. I veer between thinking he was a positive appointment as he does get things done and he does appear to back me up, and that he is rubbish as a HoS as he knows nothing about the MPharm.
  5. Steve.  Useless.  Knows nothing, does as little as possible and then badly.  Duplicitous and lazy.
  6. Me.  Although I live by lists, I don't seem to be able to make them shorter.  Must make a habit of turning off the email and just getting on with stuff.
I left home in a bad way this morning following a quite hurtful text from Mom.  I feel I really can't deal with her because I want to hit out verbally but know this will get me absolutely nowhere.  In fact it would just make things ten times worse.

Hurrah things about today?
  1. Clare Hoskins.  So enthusiastic and reliable.
  2. Ditto Anna, Marion, Kerry and Val.  
  3. Ditto Emily.
All of the above can make life better!

Things to make sure I've done today:
  1. Set up meeting with Clare re: admissions.  I need to sort out the BTEC situation ready for next year.
  2. Email Cath Bucher about being an informal mentor.
  3. Something little from my list of Things to Do.  Get one crossed off at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment