Didn't write an entry yesterday (Friday) because I was sooooo knackered when I got back home from work (about 7). Being in the car was useful because I could just quickly dump my bag and go with David and the boys for a walk. Lovely evening - quite warm, fantastic sunset - and Diesey on top form which was great. It's lovely to be able to go a decent distance with him again.
I nearly fell asleep in front of the TV at about 8 pm and David's serving of tea was the only thing that really sparked my attention at all! I managed to stay awake until 10, but really had to give up at that point and go to bed.
Annoyingly, I had another interrupted night last night (as with every night so far this week) with a night-sweat at about 1 am. I don't know what's causing it, but it's enough just to disturb my sleep and leave me feeling very tired in the morning. Even more annoyingly, I woke up at 6 and couldn't get back to sleep. I ended up getting up at 6:30 and going downstairs for tea, radio and reading. David got up at about 7:30 so I had another cup of tea and we were ready for dog walking by 8. Diesel came out again very happily so another good walk was had.
After feeding the boys, we went into town to get bits and pieces. On the way to our final destination (Lakeland), we were walking down Mardol when David pointed out a new version of my Beemer. I wasn't really concentrating, turned to look at it and, CLANG, walked straight into the metal pole of some street sign or other. OUCH. It's the kind of thing I find really funny and I was stuck between laughing (because it is funny) and crying because it really hurt. Still couldn't make up my mind by the time we were in Lakeland. David was very sweet and didn't laugh at all, but when we got back to the car and I got a chance to look at the lump on my head, I could see why.
We then had to go the the vets to pick up Diesel's meds. However (and I had a gut feeling about this yesterday), despite my explicit and carefully given instructions for 2 months supply of co-codamol, prednisolone 5 mg and prednisolone 25 mg, when I got there only 7 days supply of 25 mg pred. had been put up. Very annoying. Saturday mornings are not a great time to try to get medication done and it took nearly 45 minutes to get everything I needed. By this time I was sporting a major headache and just wanted to get home. But we had more stuff to do. First stop was the wool shop, but my wool wasn't there (hopefully next week), then Tescos (I stayed in the car) and then Battlefield to get meat (and bonus beer).
By the time we got home, I just wanted a cup of tea and some cake. But as we were parking up, Mom's car appeared. She'd been over at Bro's for Rachel's birthday so I should have expected it really, but I wasn't and I really didn't want to be bothered. She'd bought me some flowers which is her way of saying sorry, but I do wish she would just let things go sometimes. Our family has a tendency to keep hold of hurts and grudges and I do work hard at not doing so, but this doesn't help at all. Anyway she stayed for nearly two hours, but left a bit more cheery than when she came. We didn't get any lunch until 3 pm. She also didn't notice the bruise forming over my left eye!
I've put some arnica on it; it only hurts when I move my forehead (frown, laugh, any non-Roger Moore acting etc.). My cheek is also sore but doesn't appear to be bruising up. I can't wait to tell Marion about it because she will laugh so much and she so understands me!
Villa beat Man City 3-2 this afternoon after being 2-1 down. Cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment