Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Slightly frustrated

As the title suggests, today is slightly frustrated compared to yesterday.  Which is better I suppose.

Things that have made me go AAAAAARGH today (so far):

  1. I had a meeting set up with Chris Little about the DKC.  He didn't show.  At least I think he didn't - I don't actually know what he looks like!
  2. Simon has upset the IT guys - he has a tendency to fly off on one.  This time about timetables and calendars, when it turns out that there wasn't a problem after all.  This is something that will need to be ironed out over time.  I think it's the tone of his emails rather than anything else.
  3. My mom.  'Nuff said there.
  4. I keep forgetting to do things.  I must book train tickets for London next week.  I must ring Tony Moss about tyres for the Beemer.
Good things about today so far:
  1. Diesel went for a proper walk this morning.  Cautiously optimistic.
  2. Marion and Anna have picked up on one of the things I have forgotten to do - Cracking the Code.
  3. Cath Bucher has agreed to be my informal mentor - she is lovely.
  4. Clare emailed me about an admissions meeting just after I finished yesterday's post - cool.  Meeting up today.
  5. I've made a start on typing up some meeting notes which, hopefully, I will finish today.
  6. I was approached after Nigel's inaugural lecture last night to thank me for inspiring a student with no idea of what to study at Uni into deciding upon pharmacy.
  7. A returning 3rd year said the reason she was coming back is because I am an inspiring lecturer.  Hold that thought.
To do today:
  1. Tyres
  2. Tickets
  3. Cross at least three things off the Things to Do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment